Sunday, September 17, 2017

Ayoola Goodyness Olanrewaju writes



mother and snores



my sleep stood on the tip of my tongue 
it tasted sour mixed into a steam of anger 
for mother and her snores...



but 
it became a foolish anger...


when her snores spelled the letters of my name 
when they told me the tales of my survival in her toils 
when they spoke of her weaves for my dreams 
when they molded and became the troubles i had caused her...


i am her snores...



so i smiled cries 
and yielded my sleep for her unspeakable love 
the love in her snores...



yet they became my lullabies 
and clothed me sweet repose...


o mother...



i love it in your nostrils...

Image result for snoring mother painting
 -- Shekira Farrell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?