Thursday, March 15, 2018

Donna Matthews writes


From the time we're born,
there is a course set.
It isn't mandated,
but it is there.

Do you believe in God?
Do you believe His Word?
He knew us before time began.
His plans for us set.

But we often meander;
we go this way and that way,
we search for meaning here and there,
we seek solace from him and her,
we wander from the set course.

Is this wayward meandering?
Are we lost because we wander?
He knew us from the beginning of time,
He created our roaming soul.

Who's to say we're off the path?
What IF the meander IS the path?
We travel the labyrinth and circle ever closer to the center.
Who will travel alongside us?

Today I wander.
Tomorrow I meander.
At death's door I was a traveler;
I saw, I tasted, I felt, I wandered, I meandered, I lived, I loved, I followed my path.

Your time is short dear sojourner, travel well and meander often.
Caspar David Friedrich - Wanderer above the sea of fog.jpg
Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer (Wanderer above the Sea of Fog) -- Casper David Friedrich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?