Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Arlene Corwin writes

Writing Everyday

The owner of this site requested
That each member guest
 "Reply from home,
How long is it since you wrote a poem?”

Thus, I answer with this if not gem, creme de la creme,
This dime-store ode, oversimplified 
In black and white:
I write both day and night,
Honing craft and new idea.
So there! My answer!  

As for quiz's rest, the answers this:
I do not read nor buy, do not compare;
All I do is write and share
With tear or cheer - sometimes despair,
Observing worlds inside and out.

I do not mind the corny couplet,
Admire, seek exciting verbs
But try to minimise the adjective; 
Love conjunctions, knowing they can be a crutch;
But seek to use them not-too-much.
(they are so tempting).
So, kevin@allpoetry, in hope this bit of poesy
Is quite enough to more than amply satisfy
The little guest-test-quest
I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?