Wednesday, May 8, 2019

J. S. Aanand writes

The Final Look


Come let us share a few moments
As we sup coffee together.
Words spoken or left unsaid are following us.
Our figures and our words form strange combinations.
I wish you to make a slip
And I can pick up some clues
About your love.
Yes of course we like.
I don't want us to remain two names
From matrimonial columns.
Sharing a few moments
Over a cup of coffee
Gives us a chance
To measure each other out.
And decide whether to set out
On a long sojourn
Or suspend here all the tall talk.
In this body, what lies beyond words,
How much truth
Will it stay
Will you be able to belong to me?
And can I sing the love song
For you?
I have to be rock-proof to say
Yes or No.
I am trying to cast a final look at you
From all sides
As we go about in a car
Before signing the cheque.
Image result for coffee for lovers paintings 
 Two Lovers -- Aleksandar Bašić

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?