Monday, August 13, 2018

dah writes

I Say Dream Only

It starts to cloud, heavy gray clouds
then begins to rain
Drops the length of drumsticks

The tin roof on a beach shack
is a tight percussive skin
that rises off-pitch
Dune grasses sway
to the drumming
flap to the beat 
The waves applaud

We take refuge in the shack
The storm crashes against the walls

We sleep or should I say dream only
She, a starfish, I, a gray line
Starfish floats, gray line catches

Huddled together on a wooden cot
surrounded by sand, salt, storm
She, a starfish, I, a gray line
I lift her to taste the sea
a clam floats over my tongue
I lift her higher
tasting more of the sea


Tako to ama (Octopus and shell diver) -- Katsushika Hokusai
 
Starfish Kamasutra --  Mrzyk & Moriceau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?