Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Soulistic Poet writes



I fell hard
For the lies
Told by L
And now I'm lost
Somewhere between
O and V
Desperately
Seeking the end
Of E
Cause I've come to understand
Love does not love me


I gave him all I had
And made apologies
Every step of the way
Begged for forgiveness
When I handed over
My broken heart
Told him to handle it with care
For the sharp edges tend to cut
Anyone who tries to hold me tight
And it would kill me
If he were to bleed even just a drop


I asked him to stay focused
On the light
Of my eyes
Because I know my mind
Gets pitch black sometimes
And that inner demons
Play ping pong
With my emotions
I pled for his mercy
Whenever he bore witness
To the dark side of my smile


I knew I was asking a lot
But I needed him
To forgive
My transgressions
My soul
She has a tendency
To build walls
And set traps
With hopes of having just one
Climb to her rescue
She behaves like a prisoner
Because she is constantly beaten
By her own rejection


I took a chance
And laid my all on the table
As he convinced me
He would never leave me to eat alone
And yet
Here I am
Starving for the Loyalty of L
While forsaken
Somewhere between O and V
Desperately praying he returns
To the Everlasting
Arms of E

1 comment:

  1. This is a variation on the acrostic poem, which usually uses the first letter of each line to spell a word. The earliest known examples were written by the Eritrean Sibyl; the prophesies were written on leaves, and then the leaves were positioned in such a way that the first letter on each leaf created a word. The Old Testament has several (in Hebrew), mainly among the Psalms (9, 10, 25, 34, 37, 111, 112, 119, 145) but also Proverbs 31: 10-31, and the first four songs of the Book of Lamentations. Rudolf von Ems, an early 13th century knight/epic poet, geban all his major works with an acrostic of his own name, and his WEITCHRONIK (the a history of the world from Creation to the death of Solomon) marked the beginning of each age with an acrostic of the key figure, such as Moses or David. The first letter of the 15 stanzas of the Dutch national anthem spell the name of the nation's founder. And Lewis Carroll closed THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS with an acrostic of the full name of his famous Alice:

    A boat, beneath a sunny sky
    Lingering onward dreamily
    In an evening of July -

    Children three that nestle near,
    Eager eye and willing ear,
    Pleased a simple tale to hear -

    Long has paled that sunny sky:
    Echoes fade and memories die:
    Autumn frosts have slain July.

    Still she haunts me, phantomwise,
    Alice moving under skies
    Never seen by waking eyes.

    Children yet, the tale to hear,
    Eager eye and willing ear,
    Lovingly shall nestle near.

    In a Wonderland they lie,
    Dreaming as the days go by,
    Dreaming as the summers die:

    Ever drifting down the stream -
    Lingering in the golden gleam -
    Life, what is it but a dream?

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?