Sunday, June 2, 2019

Jake Cosmos Aller writes


The Shape of History



Once I too had ambition
I had the usual dreams of glory and grandeur
All I wanted to be was to be a great creative genius
Only I did not know
How to kiss ass creatively



Once I had dreams of greatness
I would be glorious and free
All would envy and admire
This man so noble and great
Now I am tied down in mirthless mire



Once I hustled
Once I took no shit from anyone
Once I wanted the universe



Now I am contented to shit
And refuse to bustle
Why bother anymore



In the gathering gloom
Of the foreseeable future



One thing is certain
I do not want a room



On the scrap heap of society
And yet that might be my fate
Pierre Puvis de Chavannes - The Dream
Le rêve (The Dream) -- Pierre Puvis de Chavannes

1 comment:

  1. When Puvis presented this painting at the 1883 Salon des Artistes Français, the catalogue described its subject as "The Dream! "Love, Glory and Wealth appear to him in his sleep."

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?