Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Francis Drake

My hands are caked and yours are so fine,
but somehow they fit
trim together like ships of the line.
Marry me, oh carry me, sign your name mine:
I'll be Francis Drake and you'll be my Golden Hind.
I'll fill up your hold with all of the gold
that I can find, all of the gold that I can find.

We'll dance naked, if you're so inclined --
just billow our charms,
wrap our sheets round  yardarms entwined.
I'll ride you oh I'll guide you, make your name shine.
I'll be Francis Drake and you'll be my Golden Hind.
I'll fill up your hold with all of the gold that I can find,
I'll fill up your hold with all of the gold,
with all of the gold,
with all of the gold
that I can find.

I'll be Francis Drake and you'll be my Golden Hind.

-- Duane Vorhees

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mes mains sont durcies et les votres si fines
    Mais d'une facon ou autre nos mains s'assortissent
    Elles s'alignent comme les bateaux sur les routes.
    Epouse-moi, oh appuie-moi, fais mon nom ton nom:
    Je serai Trancis Drake si tu es ma Biche Doree.
    Je remplirai ta taniere avec tout l'or
    que je peux trouver, avec tout l'or que je peux trouver.

    Nous danserons nus si tu es ainsi inclinee
    Afin d'augmenter nos charmes
    Des couvertures seront etendues autour de nous.
    Je ferai de toi mon cheval oh je te menerai, ferai ton nom briller
    Je serai Francis Drake si tu es ma Biche Doree.
    Je remplirai ta taniere avec tout l'or que je peux trouver,
    Je remplirai ta taniere avec tout l'or
    avec tout l'or que je peux trouver.

    -- tr. Alina Dumibica & Dorin Popa

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?